Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tell me Ma when I go home...

Ever since I set foot in Dublin, I fell in love with this city. That might sound corny, I know, but it's so true. There's something lovely about this hectic, happy yet rainy city. It must be that I love the Irish so much, gosh life is so much easier when people are smiling no matter what.
I think the Irish should win an award for the most polite people in the world. If there were such a thing as a sorrymeter, I think it would catch like 1000 sorrys/mile/minute in here :))
In France it took me two years to find friends and start feeling accepted and integrated. Here it took me less than 2 days :)) At the same time, I guesss there are so many nationalities in here that it's actually very easy to fade the Romanian bad-fame.
Ok, so enough with the good stuff about Dublin, Ireland and all this. Dublin is also the place where I got robbed for the first time. Robbed in the sense that I was left with my clothes and only that :)) It does seem funny now, but believe me, it was most definately not funny. But then the Police came and they were so nice that I forgave the other Irish (junkees probably) for stealing my stuff. You can't stay mad at an Irish. I tried, it's physically impossible :))
Dublin is also the place where I got addicted to 3D movies, and I must say THAT is the future of cinema. I've never been to the cinema so often in my life, and unfortunately it's fairly expensive as well... But when you see a master piece like Coraline in 3D, there is no way you're gonna pay to see a regular movie! The tradition also requires that you go to a Koreean restaurant with friends after the movie :))
Dublin is definately not the place where I started drinking Guiness. As a matter of fact I haven't even had one yet :)) Actually I'm not a very big fan of Guiness (and here I probably angered like half of the world's population), although I live like 1km away from the Guiness factory. Jelous??
Dublin is definately the place where I got professionnal. I just started the internship here and I can think of no better place I could have chosen to do this. I was actually afraid of starting work in an office, considering the fact that I have serious issues with authority aka. someone bossing me around. But again, both my bosses are Irish, and as I said before, you can't stay mad at an Irish (not that that was ever the case) :))
And can you believe that I've only been here for 2 and a half weeks???

P.S: ... the boys won't leave the girls alone, la la la la...

No comments: